- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 jar lemon curd
- 1 T. powdered sugar
1. Unroll the pie crust. Cut out as many flowers as possible. Re-roll the scraps and cut more flowers, you should be able to get 12 flower shaped dough pieces.
2. Center each flower over a mini muffin depression. Fold alternate petals inward, and gently push the dough down into the bottom.
3. Gently push the outer petals against the muffin pan sides, then push the inner 3 petals against the sides and outer 3 petals. You will end up with a flower shaped unbaked tart shell.
4. Prick each of the bottoms of the unbaked dough shells with a fork, twice. Bake at 425 degrees for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
5. Fill each shell with a few teaspoons of lemon curd.
6. Dust the powdered sugar over the tops. Voila! A fancy dessert that is cute, and very simple to make. (A variety of fillings that would also work: nutella, jam, vanilla pudding or custard topped with berries… the possibilities are endless!)
The 350 Degree Oven