Shortbread cookies ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Procedures of making shortbread cookies:
1. Mix the butter, powder sugar and vanilla extract and stir it with middle speed until the butter become soft and creamy completely.
2. Mix the all purpose flour and salt gently and pour it into the butter mixture.
3. Stir the mixture gently until become dough.
4. Chill the dough 30 min in refrigerator.
5. After 30 min, take a dough chill in room temperature for 15 min.
6. Roll the dough and cut into the shape by using cookies mold.
7. Pre-hear the oven at 350F.
8. Bake the cookies at 350F for 8-10 min.
Royal icing ingredients:
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Procedures of making royal icing:
1. Beat the egg whites and lemon juice.
2. Add powdered sugar and stir the mixture with low speed until the mixture become smooth.
3. Add few drops of color dye into the royal icing.
4. Start to decorate your cookies with colored royal icing.
5. Chill your cookies in room temperature until the royal icing become hard.