- 6 chocolate or vanilla cupcakes
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought vanilla frosting (See Kelly's Notes)
- 2 Tablespoons green food coloring
- 6 ice cream sugar cones
- Edible silver ball sprinkles
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
If necessary, slice the tops off of the cupcakes to create a flat surface. Slather a small portion of the frosting on the cupcakes to create a base atop which to position the sugar cone tree.
Stir the food coloring into the remaining frosting, adding more food coloring as necessary to achieve your desired green color. Apply a thin layer of frosting on the exteriors of the sugar cones. Transfer the remaining frosting to a pastry bag fitted with the star-shaped pastry tip.
Place the sugar cones atop the cupcakes then pipe leaves onto the trees. Garnish with the edible silver ball sprinkles and dust with powdered sugar.