1. to make a box like this one (about 18 x 18 cm, 10 cm high) which i ended up using for some old audio cassettes, you’ll need 3 cereal boxes. if you have a paper cutter, it will be a lot easier and faster.
2. first, cut open the boxes along the side and cut off the very top and bottom flaps.
3. cut the strips 3 mm (1/8”) wide.
4. attach the ends of two strips to make one long strip. the book suggested using a glue gun. Do this to make 18 long strips made of 2 strips each and another 6 long strips made of 3 strips each.
5. start laying out 9 of the strips made of 2 strips, alternating the colors so it looks more mixed. then start weaving with the other 9 strips of 2 strips. at first put some double-sided tape between the strips to keep them in place. and try to hide the overlapped parts inside the basket so you won’t be able to see them.
6. when you’re done weaving the base, turn it upside down and fold the strips up on all 4 sides. then start weaving the sides of the basket with the strips made of 3 shorter strips. at the corners make sure you fold the strips and use the double-sided tape to keep everything from shifting around.
7. use 5 of the really long strips for the sides, then trim the strips sticking out the top to just 2 cm. fold them towards the inside of the basket and stick them down with double-stick tape. then use the last long strip to go around the inside of the basket, sticking it down with the tape, so that it covers the ends of the other strips.
8. finally, protect the paper (and make it a bit more rigid) by coating it lightly with a bit of diluted craft glue with a paintbrush.
References from: Cucicucicoo