1. Place all dough ingredients in a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, knead until the dough is smooth and combined. Wrap in plastic while you make the filling.
2. To create the filling, mix the spinach with the ricotta.
3. Next, add your egg, Parmesan, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside briefly.
4. Unwrap your dough from the plastic and divide it into two equal parts.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to create two circles 30 cm in diameter each.
6. On your first circle, sprinkle breadcrumbs over-top to help absorb the moisture of the filling and to keep the dough dry.
7. Distribute the filling on the circle that was just sprinkled with breadcrumbs. Place one large dollop at the center of the circle, and spread the remainder in a ring around the dough. See the picture below for reference.
8. Sprinkle the filling with grated Parmesan.
9. Now, cover with the second circle of dough.
10. Seal the edges with your hands, and then use a fork to press.
11. Place a small bowl in the middle of the pie and press lightly to make an indentation. Use your fork to press lightly.
12. Cut the dough into pieces approximately 2 cm thick, keeping it attached at the center. See the photo for reference.
13. Twist each slice and continue until each slice is twisted.
14. Bake the spinach pie at 180°C for 30 minutes or until golden.