Ingredients for cake:
4 eggs- whites separated
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
60g butter – melted (aproximately 1/2 stick + 1 tbsp)
3/4 cup flour (if making chocolate – substitute for 1/2 flour + 1/4 cocoa powder)
Ingredients for filling:
1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate (chopped)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup fresh strawberries (quartered)
Ingredients for pattern:
1 egg white
30g granulated sugar
40g flour (if making chocolate – substitute 20g for cocoa powder)
20g butter – room temperature
1. Make the pattern batter.
2. Put it in the freezer while you’re making the cake batter.
3. Spread the dough evenly and flat on top of the pattern.
4. Pre-heat the oven for 15 minutes at 400° F (200° C / 180° C fan forced). Bake for 7-10 minutes (depending on oven).
5. Spread the filling and arrange the strawberries in two rows on the opposite side of your pattern.
6. Roll the cake and you’re done :)