1) Apply one coat of base coat (this is very important! It will make it so much easier to take off the glitters later).
2) Dip the tip of the top coat brush in the glitter powder.
3) Apply the powder on 4/5 of the nail.
4) Apply the second coat of the powder on 3/5 of the nail.
5) Apply the third coat on the tip of the nail. At this point, dab the powder rather than paint. If the powder sticks on too heavily on one place, you can smooth it by applying top coat.
6) Apply thick top coat, and it’s done! If the surface is still rough with glitters, apply more top coat.
References from: Small Good Things